I am glad I'm on off today so that I have the chance to go through a day of volatile stock market in the STI which finally ended at 3307.700 (+7.020).
Primarily, my focus is on few stocks on my Holding List and Watchlist which most of the time, I am looking at Capitamall Trust and Keppel Corp.
It's been awhile since I wanted to divert my REITS stocks to Growth stocks hence today I've made up my decision and take chance on the volatile market. As today is a day where people can starting buying shares in multiply of 100.
I managed to purchase 1100 units of Keppel Corp @ $8.10 = $8910 (closed $8.18)
On the other hand, I am still trying to sell off my 4000 units of Capitamall Trust @ $2.18 = $8720 (closed $2.16) looking to realise a paper gain of $1056 not including the brokerage. I will give this a go until this Friday, 23 Jan before the market closes. If not I will just settle to whichever is the next highest before the stock market closes on Friday.
The reasons why I buy Keppel Corp:
1) This is an appropriate time to get Keppel due to the falling oil prices. (I don't want to keep guessing/predicting about how much further the oil price will drop, i believe at this point my entry is relatively conservative already)
2) When the oil crisis saga ends, the price will recovery back to about 30-40% (don't know when, but it's a waiting game)
3) Dividends yield not too shabby (average of 5%)
4) I want to make full use of a crisis and here's the chance.
The reasons why I choose to sell off my holding of Capitamall Trust:
1) I believe it's a relatively matured stock which may have slow growth from now onwards.
2) It will realise me a profit of $1056 not inclusive of brokerage fees.
3) I believe FCT still has the potential to grow further so I don't want to touch it.
Would like to hear from your sharing and what do you think if you were me?
PS: The aboves reasons are only made of what I feel and what I think, hope fellow investors have no offence.